Monday, December 13, 2010

Reaching Forward

This site is for the management of my forge maps, namely the uploading and storage of images for easy transition to the various forge communities around the net.
Since the launch of Forge 2.0 with Halo Reach I have been adamantly in the execution of bringing the maps I envisioned into reality. I've always been fascinated with design theory and game flow and have often sketched different maps I'd love to create, however it wasn't until now that I had the tools at my disposal to pursue this in a time efficient manner.
That is not to say that I rush any map that I create of course. Every project I undertake is a massive investment of time and labor from me. From start to finish (first release), I'll invest anywhere between 50 to 100 hours building and fine tuning the map in all aspects. I especially strive for a perfection in regards to the spawn systems of each map as this is one of the most vital aspects that affect game play.
I forge for game play. Period. Although this is not meant to mislead you into believing that I will release a map thats a "box of gray". No. Color and aesthetics are vital to a map all the same, however, they are intended specifically to interrupt line of site or enhance a players orientation within the map.

There are many more maps to come.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment